View Single Post
Old 12-04-2022, 12:56 PM   #57
caseyjones

Re: 1964 GMC Palomino Tan Survivor

I've been bad about taking photos of the truck. Today was nice so I snapped a couple of it in current state:

I put one of the reproduction rubber mats from Classic Parts on the floor, I think it's a pretty nice part. Fit well over the high-hump. You can see the old-style cluster that I installed too.

I also replaced the bed wood. I bought the economy pine kit from Classic Parts this time and I'm really happy with it. Pardon the dirt...this truck lives outside.

Been chipping away at this:

Goal is to have pretty close to a late 60's period-correct V8 swap would have been, using the short water pump setup, points distributor, ram's horn manifolds, etc. The motor is a .030 overbored 350, but the rest is unknown to me. Crossing my fingers they put a mild cam in it when they rebuilt it.

After Christmas I'll pull it into the garage and tear into it. Needs some rust repair in the floors and above the windshield. I bought the parts to convert over to power steering too. Figure I'll do all of that while I have the front clip off for the engine swap. Just gotta get motivated to take apart a running truck!
caseyjones is offline   Reply With Quote