View Single Post
Old 01-03-2023, 09:27 AM   #6
special-K
Special Order

Re: Anyone remember “ PICKUPS N PANELS IN PRINT MAGAZINE” ?

That was the publication for the National Chevy/GMC Truck Association. It came out every other month for members. Free classifieds! I had a running ad for tow hooks and K/20 hubcaps. I think it came out in '89 or '91 and the last issue was in '96. I have all the issues in the binders they sold. I think it got up to about 16,000 members. The club stemmed off of "Late Great Chevys" Impala club. The editor passed away and no one picked it up. The internet was just kicking in. I wasn't using it but I think they had started a website near the end. I still have a couple ball caps and a t-shirt. Used to have the sticker on all my trucks' driver side wing vent. They would have an annual show. At first I believe was Ogden, UT, then moved to "Magic Mt, CA". Seth Doulton was very active in getting that going and keeping it going, as well as the shows.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote