View Single Post
Old 03-04-2022, 07:50 AM   #8
TrybalRage

Re: 1985 C10 - LWB build

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT7A View Post
Clean truck. The paint is coming back nicely. You are doing nice work with high quality parts. You probably got about a 6 inch drop out of the axle flip, right? Those shock extenders look like maybe they come down three and a half or 4 inches? If you use lift shackles to level out the truck, you would also gain that much more shock travel. You probably thought of that, but seems like it might work well for you.
Thanks! Yes, I have 1" lift shackles on the way. Going to try them out and see where that puts me. I also thought about maybe trying to relocate the upper mounting point for that driver's side shock. Don't want to change the angle of it too much, though, or it won't do it's job effectively.

I have done a little internet shopping for some drop shocks, but I'd kind of like to be able to use factory length ones if at all possible. Plus these bilsteins are only like a year old, haha.

I've also noticed I've got a bit of chevy lean. I knew I had it before but it's just more noticeable to me now. Whole drivers side sits around 1" lower than the passenger. The 20 gallon tank on that side and the fact that I relocated the battery to that side probably isn't helping.

I've been pricing brand new leafs, I'm sure mine are worn out after almost 40 years. That might help both the height and the lean.

2010 Suburban 2500 LT 4WD
TrybalRage is offline   Reply With Quote