View Single Post
Old 04-28-2006, 03:31 PM   #24
cstanley

Re: cutting dash for stereo

same s@#$, different day. PO cut mine, i've been trying to decide whether to restore it. i drive mine, so i like modern tunes. at the end of the day if you want modern tunes, i think a cut dash is the way to go. it's FAR cleaner than having an original radio (that you don't use) and another radio in numerous possible locations, always junking up an otherwise clean interior, no matter where it's put. you'll always lose something. i was drifting toward a carputer, but my newest thought is this: it's the chrysler nav radio (made by alpine) and are available on ebay. i'm trying to figure out some interface issues with older vehicles (somehow it has to be hooked up to the car's computer) but it may be the way i go.

this image is a photoshop quickie using a pic that mario72 posted of his dash a while back (sorry mario72, i didn't have access to another pic of my own dash)

anyway, here it is. it's 1.5 din, so i'm not really sure whether it'll fit like this or not. i think it looks cool b/c of the rounded corners, whick look to fit into the dash location.
Attached Images

'72 Blazer Restoration Blog: http://sportchicken.blogspot.com/

Last edited by cstanley; 04-28-2006 at 03:33 PM.
cstanley is offline   Reply With Quote