View Single Post
Old 06-16-2015, 11:00 AM   #111
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

Re: '60-'62 POwer Brake Booster Adapter Bracket With A Clutch

I have not heard of any of those things happening to any of my customers. There should not be that much pressure on those parts. Do you have one of my kits?

Quote:
Originally Posted by concretekiller View Post
Good morning Captain Fab. I have a couple of questions for you;

1. Has anyone ever had the threaded rod bend and break that goes between the clutch pedal eyelet and the cantilever piece?
2. Has anyone ever had the lower bolt that goes through the master cylinder, firewall, and into the aluminum threaded bracket break?
3. Has anyone ever had the master cylinder rod bend?

The reason I ask is that all three of these have happened to me. I replaced the firewall bolt once and the threaded rod once already, and they have both bent and broken again. The master cylinder is the same bore as the slave cylinder, and the slave cylinder came as a hydraulic clutch kit from novak (http://www.novak-adapt.com/catalog/clutch/kit_hcrc.htm). Any insight as to the issues at hand?
Hydroboost Mounting Plates HERE
Captainfab is offline   Reply With Quote