View Single Post
Old 08-25-2015, 12:37 PM   #63
sam in vista

Re: 75 GMC sierra classic face lift and conversion to short bed

thanks david ,by the way i like this roll pan

we'r back to start 2nd step of project,but really need help and guide.

as i told car has the inline 6 and TH-350 and 12 bolt rear end wich is i dont know the ratio.but im pretty sure all parts are stock parts.

right now i want to swap the engine with V8 ,350 performance ,and want to buy the turn key crate engine ,i have 2 options, CRICKET ENGINES and FASTCO.(base on my budget)

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/CHEVY-350-HI-...item2804ea8d99

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chevy-350-en...item2a56e02a9f

well actually my goal is not to go to drag race, just want to have some fun with japanies,korean and germany's cars on weekends ;D

but i have no idea what to choose ,im not really thecnical guy ,thats why i need to know; with these engines ,what is the best choice of transmission? do i need to keep the stock th-350 and rebuild it with race kit or need to swap it to th-400? what is the best choice of rear end posi? of course i want to have the LSD posi ,but dont know with brand and which ratio? the same thing about tourqe converter ,and final is exhaust system,i prefer to buy flowmaster muffler ,but really dont know what i have to choose,i want really deep sound which is not disturb on long distance ,few days a go i saw a 2015 mustang GT ,the sound was great,on normal drive the saound was really dip and no noisy but when got rpm ,it was aggressive.dose any body know which serie is like that,pro series?super50? or.. (i think they called mild to aggressive)

so right now im gonna separate my quastions
1- choose of engine
2- transmission (best choice)
3- rear end posi (wich ratio)
4- tourque converter (what stall)
5- exhaust system (prefer flowmaster)

thanking in advance ,plese dont hesitated to help ,share your information and experience .

Last edited by sam in vista; 08-25-2015 at 12:44 PM.
sam in vista is offline   Reply With Quote