Thread: 1960 Biscayne
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2012, 11:40 PM   #133
Zoomin
Man of Mini-Talents

Re: 1960 Biscayne

Thanks for the offers to help guys. Actually the encouragement helps. I had a few spare hours to drive out to the shop (about a 30 minute drive from the house which doesn't help a lot), so I decide to tackle the rest of the driver side spindle install. The upper ball joint pretty much fell into place, but the lower one was not cooperating. Turns out the steer arm is preventing the lower control arm from lowering into position. No problem, I remove the steering arm and sure enough, the ball joint spindle drops in far enough for me to put the castle nut on.

Does anyone see anything wrong with this picture - other than the fact it's out of focus? In case you can't see it, I have the cotter pin in the castle nut.

Not only that, but there is not enough room to put the steering arm back on. *%^$&%$!!!

This has to be the wrong spindle. At least the bolt pattern is right, and the wheels clear the calipers. But damn! It took nearly 3 weeks to get them, and now I get to take them off and ship them back.

Oh well - at least I got to check the wheels and ShockWaves for clearance.

Zoomin is offline   Reply With Quote