View Single Post
Old 08-18-2021, 01:19 PM   #5
nightmare

Re: New to the Suburban Family

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach-Burban View Post
Welcome back, nightmare! It looks like the PO took a few departures from the norm...but that's OK and personally, I like what you got! My '72 looks a lot nicer in photos than in person as well...and even though your description of those hood vents tells me that you're not in love with them, I don't think they look absolutely horrible! Cheesy yes, but horrible??? I can't even make a guess at what a nice looking mechanically sound Suburban goes for now-a-days...but I'll bet that it's less than it would be next month...at least that seems to be the trend? In any case, enjoy using it for it's intended purpose...hauling the family around!

Woody
Thanks. Yeah, those hood vents aren't horrible, but one is missing so it makes the other 5 look out of place. Easier to remove than to locate a 6th one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockDoc View Post
-
Welcome back, Nice looking Suburban!

There is a thread just below yours called "Suburban and Panel Finds". Look through that and you will be able to compare a few examples....

LockDoc
Thanks. I've looked through there a little bit. They are all over the map, both literally and figuratively.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HO455 View Post
Nice Burban! And a green one too! You know the drill of course, more pictures, more details.
It is hard to tell on my computer, but are the door handles and emblems body color?
Welcome to the 3 door life.
Thanks. Yep, I'll get more pics up pretty soon. You are correct, the door handles and locks are the same color. Unfortunately, it doesn't have a key for the door locks, so I'm gonna be changing those out. Gonna try to save the outer ring, but may not be able to.

2001 Dakota R/T - Silver CC - 1 of 1671 •360 w/46RE •392 limited slip
1972 Chevy Suburban - Turquoise/Black
1969 Chevy C/10 - Blue LWB •350 w/ 700R4 •3.73 posi •PS PB A/C - SOLD

Using your turn signal is not "giving information to the enemy"

67-72 FAQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMCMAX View Post
My lugnuts require more torque than your honda makes!
nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote