View Single Post
Old 05-25-2021, 10:32 PM   #117
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: HG's Bigass Farm Truck

Tonight I got the coolant fans hooked up. I wasn't 100% sure my fan relay was going to work. It came with a temp switch that goes on the engine but I wasn't going to use it. The engine harness has 2 wires for fans and the instructions say to connect to the relay ground. I took a chance that the relay ground and the temp switch wire were the same thing and it worked.

Next was using my cheap ass OBD2 code reader to finally find out why the check engine light is always on. Took a few tries to get an app that worked and make a connection with my phone but I got it. The only codes were for oxygen sensors not working. It's trying to read all 4. I only have 2 and no cats. So part of the problem is programming. The other problem is the sensors. When I was hooking them up the plugs were slightly different. I used a razor knife to get the 2 plugs to fit together knowing that they may not work but worth a try. Apparently they didn't connect. So I need to get the correct oxygen sensors and get some programming done.

Lastly I wanted to get the idle adjusted. There's a procedure in the manual for the harness and I followed it but no change. Maybe the oxygen sensors effect it? IDK but in gear it idles at 500. In park it's about 1400, way high.

So overall it's running decent and the fans work and it doesn't overheat. So insurance, get the hood on, make sure the lights all work and I'll put some miles on it. Oh and I have to get the driver door window swapped to the manual regulator. No AC so it's a must have.

Going in the right direction!!
hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote