View Single Post
Old 08-27-2017, 12:20 PM   #88
HunterRotten

Re: The Hawaiian Blue 1978 GMC.

HUNTER'S 1978 GMC C15 SIERRA BUILD THREAD

Time for a quick little detour on what's going on with that crusty old big block. Last time I posted about it we got a LOT done and it looked brand new. It sat in the corner of the garage for a few months until we found time. In the meantime we were figuring out dual tanks and I was collecting parts. I ordered my camshaft, pistons, and rods. Original plan was to use the original rods but I found a GREAT deal on some used rods on ebay.

I know what you're thinking, USED RODS?! Well, I was a bit skeptical too but it was worth the risk, in the end I got a set of 8 Eagle SIR6135B rods for $100.00 + shipping, they had ARP rod bolts already. They magnafluxed great, too!

I got some Wiseco forged pistons from Skipwhite on ebay, found here. Part number KP430A6.

The camshaft I got from Chris Straub over at Straub technologies. It was recommended to me here on the forums. They were pretty easy to work with. I told him what I wanted out of my engine and he told me what I needed. I'll be honest and say I got "It'll be there next week" emails for a few weeks. That's alright, though. I was in no hurry. It's a hydraulic roller cam. 510/510 216/228 112LSA. Should ride very nice!

Last edited by HunterRotten; 08-29-2017 at 11:10 AM.
HunterRotten is offline   Reply With Quote