View Single Post
Old 10-26-2023, 06:21 AM   #2183
Grizz1963

Re: GRIZZ’s ‘79 - 2WD BLAZER Challenge over in London, England. “~It’s not a Project

Right.

Friday the 13th October, I was in Shropshire at buddy Craigs place, after my trip up to see @oxb1l buddy Bill the fireman in Scotland.

I had an 11.00 appointment on Teams with my contract’s manager and the company HR representative obviously there for the whole farce of so called “consultation” there was no consulting and the statutory o days were not over yet….. but mehhhhh.

Told that my service/role terminates 15 November at which point the Ford Focus company car, IT equipment including the iPad I am writing this on (I never owned an iPad as one was enough) mobile phone and headset will get collected. Leaving me with the choice of Rezin Rockit and Astro to use as daily. Both are somewhat impractical for differing reasons, and I like them for those reasons, but it became obvious that I would do well having something like the Micra, sold a year ago. So I looked about, including on the auto****e.com For Sale section and saw a car that had previously made me smile, for sale. Sadly, prices of bangers have gone up a lot in the last few years, and when looking at some German and Dutch sales websites, they were even more pricey than the U.K.
so a lot of thinking and a message to the seller followed, including an agreement to leave Shropshire a day early to go view this car.

Resulting in the following.

The New to me, Redundancy Runabout comes from the same retro cars community I am part of.

Firstly, I want to post a link to its previous life in the hands of a gent called Zelandeth

He is as meticulous and OCD as you want someone to be when you buy a car from him.

Weirdly……..

He and I share another link.

He has owned three cars, previously owned by Colin, I now own two of Colin’s former cars, and Zel retains two.

My Chevy Astro that I collected from Colin in S****horpe and the new car were his before.

FIRST INFORMATION SET.

LOOK FROM PAGE 53 IN THIS THREAD FOR ALL THE OCD WORK AND REPAIRS CARRIED OUT BY ZEL BEFORE ME.

https://forum.retro-rides.org/thread...ctions?page=53

Of course, as mentioned, the Astro belonged to Colin and is still getting a load of small jobs done by me, just to tidy it up to a standard that I can get along with.

So there you have the preamble to the latest vehicle at Grizz-towers.

I had not intended buying anything else when I bought the Chevy Astro to replace the S10 truck.

In fact, the Rezin Rockit was and is also due to be sold to someone who wants to drive it and play with it.

Simply the logistics of having too many cars on the drive taking up space and needing juggling when something needs doing, using or whatever.

I now need to do some corporate work first but will come back in a bit to post up the FOR SALE ad as originally posted by Zel.

Then we can carry on with this ownership story.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote