View Single Post
Old 05-14-2012, 11:30 PM   #28
Mr-Jack
Beer Drink'n Knuckle Dragger

Re: 67 GMC Lift thread

Got home from work and took a couple of pictures...then thought i'd try and diagnose my funky engine problem...but i'll post some pictures first.

wanted to pull the truck out into the pasture and take a few, but haven't bled my brakes yet, and don't wanna roll into one of my horses, so that will have to wait.

Ok...so if anyone can help me diagnose my fuel problem...i'd appreciate it.

I think it's just not getting enough fuel...so i ran a hose from my supply line to my jerry can and turned the truck over...(the fuel was getting sucked out of the jerry can, not gravity fed like the stock tank, so if that's gonna be an issue with the fuel, i'll re attack the test with a 2 liter bottle and try again.

I noticed the line from the tank to the hardline in the frame rail (10" or so rubber line) was old as hell, and very plyable, so i replaced that with a new line. (I don't know if the pump would try to pull suction too much and colapse the line cutting off the fuel supply, so i just eliminated that factor with new line.

I then restarted the truck and seemed like the truck was still sputtering. then looking at the motor i saw that the belt was a little loose, so i tightened that, but it didn't affect the performance. I took the air cleaner off started it back up...still sputtered. played with the choke and didn't really change much. sprayed some deep creep around the base of the carb and intake manifold, no increase in rpm at all.

At this point i'm leaning towards one of the following:
-clogged dirty hard line
-clogged dirty filter
-bad fuel pump
-carb needs to be rebuilt
-or i did the jerry can test wrong and i need to reaccomplish it and this time do a gravity feed test to the fuel supply line

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Mr-Jack is offline   Reply With Quote