Old 10-05-2015, 01:58 AM   #14
K20chevy

Re: 68 K20 Panel truck, ex. civil defence vehicle

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadheadNM View Post
Nice!! I'm on board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waynecar53 View Post
K20, that just goes to prove that no two trucks are ever built alike. The original department may have requested the additional lights as the siren light combo provided very little in the way of warning. You may want to check the site "elightbars" for your Federal siren light. Another is "Dcaptain" who is a small collector who sells a few items. I see that you are also a member of "PCS" board who may also be a source. Then of course there is ebay where you will pay 5 times what it is worth but I've done that too when there was no other option.

Anyway, I'm glad it will remain a part of history. I may have an extra set of Radiological Monitors stored away somewhere. A few years ago I would also have had all of the lights that you need but I got out of that... Sorry.

Thanks for replying back to my post and have a great day. Wayne
Hi Wayne,

thanks for all the info. Now that I know what lights I need, it should be possible to get them within reasonable time. My only real problem is, that I have no picture from the back in the CD trim and no original interior pics. Therefore I have no idea what was inside, as it was all empty when I bought it. The only Thing I can see/tell is, that there seemed to be some kind of small table behind the drivers seat. That is all I can see.

Sad is, that the roof rack and custom rear bumper are missing, that means Iīll have to re-make them just ba the pictures.

Not sure where to get the rescue basket that used to be on the rack.

But itīll be a long time, before I get this far. First the mechanics and the body/paint need to be done.

Ralf

68 Chevy K20 Panel truck, build: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...41#post7263441
K20chevy is offline   Reply With Quote