View Single Post
Old 05-05-2021, 05:49 PM   #76
TrybalRage

Re: First time swap started

Well ran into my first snag. Got the newer style condenser, and I just don't see how it can fit without a bunch of cutting of the core support (which I dont want to do). It's much, much wider than the original. So I'll be sending it back and getting an 85 replacement. Might make the hoses easier too.

I do think I'm going to go with PCM controls, but I'm not quite sure how to handle the fans. Right now I have dual electric, and the second is actually re-using the old control from a recirculator blend door or something like that. From a little research it seems that in 01/02 there wasn't a second fan control, cause all the trucks had mechanical fans. The guy who unlocked my PCM and programmed the fans (Lt1swap.com) said that he can reprogram it so that fan 1 comes on with the AC... well fan 1 is always on within minutes of warming up, and never turns back off so I don't really see the point in that.

I might be able to set up another relay to provide the ground to the fan 2 relay when I turn on the AC from the truck.. going to have to mull over that a little.

2010 Suburban 2500 LT 4WD
TrybalRage is offline   Reply With Quote