View Single Post
Old 08-19-2016, 01:32 PM   #8
Custom.Chevy

Re: My Late 70's C10 Build

So some history behind the truck the photo is kinda funny. This is the only photo of the truck in its original form. This is my mother, father, and oldest sister as a baby back in the 80's . My parents are the original owners of the truck. my dad bought the truck new in southern California when they lived in Santabarbera. I still have the dealership paperwork in the truck with my fathers name on it. This truck is pretty special to me because me and my father spent so much time working on it together and it is now a second generation family vehicle. Now hopefully i will have a son to pass it down to and maybe even rebuild it again with him. This is also the first vehicle i drove when i was a kid and my father would put me in his lap and i would steer the truck through the neighborhood. Eventually it was burning oil like crazy and lost the trans. So it started sitting. 7 years later some time when i was in high school i got in a fist fight and got suspended from school for a while. Abd that is how this whole project started. my second day into suspension at home and i was board out of my mind. so i went outside drug the truck from its the back field grave and started tearing it down one piece at a time. i had no idea what i was doing i just new i needed to work on something to get my frustration out. Another funny instance that had happened years earlier was when the truck had been parked for only a couple years i was still vary young i started taking the truck apart with my dads tools. he saw me in the back field and yelled at me to stop. i don't think he knew at the time how much i wanted to work on cars and get that truck running again.
Attached Images