View Single Post
Old 02-14-2010, 10:20 AM   #59
regan wilson

Re: Ok Boys and Girls it's Storytime

After that with no more racing till next year I had plenty of time to sort out the problems . I fixed a few bent valves and got the rest of the valve train sorted out . I started the 2000 season at Hallsville and the truck did alot better then . It ran 9.60 @ 138 with a best 60 ft of 1.31 (it still hasnt had a better 60 ft than that ) . I raced all year and at the last race before the bracket finals the 565 gave up . It was late at night on a poorly lit track and it windmilled two rods going through the traps . I still had no hood so when it grenaded the front of the block and virtually cut the oilpan in half the windshield was completely cover in oil , sparks were flying becuase the alternator was destroyed in the process . Hallsville had a short downhill shutdown and I couldnt see a thing (I thought it was going to be real bad) but I got it stopped and off the track . It took all winter to clean up the mess. There was not an inch of the truck that wasnt coated in oil . Here is a pic of the block and the pan .....