View Single Post
Old 04-29-2021, 05:05 AM   #62
CC69Rat

Re: Hard Starting Hot

Have you tried a fuel pressure regulator? From the looks of your engine compartment I am under the impression you like more of a stock look, and that's cool .. but is there a section in your fuel line maybe somewhere out of sight you could install an in line regulator?

I had a very similar issue with an Edelbrock carb. They are really bad to do exactly what your truck is doing. People tend to use the heat spacer you mentioned in an earlier post to help the Eddy carbs too, but ultimately the fix is the fuel pump.

If you read in the Edelbrock tech documents it mentions the stock fuel pump produces around 12psi. Edelbrock says it is too much fuel pressure for their carbs and suggests (strongly) that you use their fuel pump. It is designed to produce around 5-6psi. This will resolve the 1406/1407 hard start issues. Ask me how I know. ..

So, perhaps the fuel pump combo you have now Qjet / stock pump is having a similar issue(?) What if you installed an inline fuel pressure regulator and backed the pressure down around 6psi? It really helps with a similar issue, but I understand its Edelbrock.. still a similar designed carb.

Mr Gasket makes an inline regulator I have used in the past, it has a dial on the top you can adjust.

Ultimately and as others have mentioned I feel like its dripping gas down into the intake after you stop. Too much fuel pressure will cause it. Hope this helps.

1967 C10 SWB - Project Savannah - 6.0/4L80 *Currently underway*
1968 C10 SWB - TOTY 2018, 50th Anniversary Tribute Project * Sold * Pride and Joy
1986 Silverado Short Fleet - Scarlet *Sold*
1985 Silverado Short Fleet *Sold*
2022 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
2001 Jeep Cherokee XJ 4x4 - Lifted, Built
1992 Jeep Cherokee XJ 4x4 - Lifted
2013 Honda Accord EX-L v6 Coupe 6spd (wife's ride)
CC69Rat is offline   Reply With Quote