View Single Post
Old 05-25-2022, 04:30 AM   #25
Phillip Owings

Re: Here is my Project 1972 C20

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT7A View Post
Great save! If I had a truck like that in my family, no way would I let it go. I'd get it drivable and drive it until a piece fell off and then I'd go get one to replace it and fix it up little by little like that. Cool color, cool truck, and you've already brought it back a long ways. This one will be fun to watch.
Thanks it will be a slow go due to funds but I'm having a great time on it. it also brought back some memories my father had before I was even though of. he told me of a truck just like this he had that was wrecked in the front "he rebuilt cars for a living most of his life" anyways at that time he took that truck to a man with a frame machine to straiten the front, this truck was new and had less then 10000 miles on it, well needless to say he warped the frame and had knocked off the oil filter and ruined the engine. My dad said he knew he had done this because he checked it before hand to make sure the engine was good and actually cranked it before it left for the frame machine guy. at the same time he bought another one that was rolled and to remove the engine and drivetrain to sale that was already sold. now this was before he knew the other engine was seized. by the way he had already bought all the parts for the other one at the frame shop. So he was able to use the frame from the rolled one and also had to buy another engine to go in it that ran rough and smoked. so he had enough of that one loaded the bad engine in the back and just ran it through the auction. It was a cool story I'm glad I got to hear
Phillip Owings is offline   Reply With Quote