View Single Post
Old 01-11-2019, 11:46 PM   #271
moregrip

Re: Sparky's 1978 Silverado Build "Addiction"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dads79GMC View Post
Yes, change 4!! This setup seems to work the best with the small c-notch, factory shock location and my F-Body Camaro disc brakes w/ E-brake cable.

Today I spent the whole day in the garage and made a huge mess!!!

Pictures:
1. Upper and lower brackets tacked in place. The upper bracket is 1/4" the lower one is a Ridetech over-axle bracket.
2. Both brackets in place. I welded around the top and underneath the upper bracket. After welding I painted the brackets.
3. Installed upper bags, I need to change the fitting to an "L" fitting 3/8 line. Nothing like originally cutting off the shock brackets on the axle, only to re-install them!!!!! The shocks are Belltech rear drop shocks. When aired-out, the shocks still have 1' inches of travel left and when totally aired out, there's still a couple inches left; should be good at ride height.
4. Tires/wheels on.
5. Top-down view. Im still playing with the panhard bar. The bracket attached to the frame is a Ridetech bracket that I cut down. The bracket on the axle housing is a racing bolt-on panhard bracket.

All trial and error!!!! Bags will flatten out with more weight. The bags are Dominator D2600 by Airlift Performance .

Thanks Mike
4 Link setup looks nicely executed, cool setup! Interested in hearing how she performs!

1983 Chevy C10 250/3spd (current project truck)
1976 Chevy C10 350/350 Heavy Half (future project truck)
moregrip is offline   Reply With Quote