View Single Post
Old 05-08-2021, 11:59 PM   #363
gottattooz

Re: Jeep Trailblazer SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAULIN' IT View Post
Josh, Something I see there in your photos concern me & feel its best to mention it. That is, how far back you have those vehicles on the trailer. That is looking for trouble! When you are towing with something "under-sized" (as in, not a Suburban, 1 ton truck or bigger) compared to what you are towing...things can get hairy REAL quick. The problem is you can go along just fine & then you come across the wrong dip/ripple or wet road & the backend gets light & its real hard to "catch it". Especially without a weight distribution hitch set-up & sway bar, the placement needs to be carefully considered.
The old saying: "Tail wagging the dog" comes to mind. If you look at the photo of the panel truck...your Jeep backend is actually UP in the air due to the amount of weight behind the trailer axle. Just My Thoughts, Lorne
Here's what it looked like when i first hooked up to the trailer. The Jeep has a full drive train. If i ran over a crack in the asphalt, the rear tires rubbed. The air suspension wouldn't go Any higher. I made it about a mile away before i pulled into a well lit parking lot. I rolled it back about a foot and Got 2 more inches of clearance. I also towed it home, across Atlanta around midnight at 45 mph. I can assure your i was in no hurry to jackknife and be on the news.

The panel truck is just a roller. I tried to center the load around the wheels. It took me 90 minutes to go 45 miles getting it home. We talked about towing it home with the suburban that came with it. We learned that it only had a hitch receiver attached to the bumper, not the frame. Plus is has 5 year old gasoline in the tank alpine with a bottle of seafoam and sta-bil. Dad said it felt like it Was running on 4 cylinders and it wouldn't have gotten out of the guy's yard with a loaded trailer.

-Josh
Attached Images

2017 Suzuki M109R
gottattooz is offline   Reply With Quote