View Single Post
Old 08-05-2021, 12:39 AM   #374
gottattooz

Re: Jeep Trailblazer SS

So apparently i pot in the wrong valve guide seals. The guy i bought the cam kit from sent me a box of parts. Conversely, i had a master felpro gasket kit. I replaced the valve guide seals with what was on there from the felpro kit. Those seals were meant for beehive springs. I'm using dual springs with the new cam. Thankfully, Roger Vinci himself (vincihighperformance.com) called me to explain that i needed to change the seals, or I'd break the inner springs. Unfortunately, i had already installed the cylinder heads before he called. So i bought a compression gauge kit, cut the hose off and barbed it with an air fitting to pressurized the cylinders and swap seals.

After i put the radiator back in and primed the oil system, I've got no oil pressure. I tried 3 different times. I cranked it with the injectors and coil packs disconnected and the oil psi gauge didn't move. I reprimed the oil system 2 more times. Even replaced and filled the oil filter. I ran out of patience and closed the garage for the day.

-Josh
Attached Images

2017 Suzuki M109R

Last edited by gottattooz; 08-05-2021 at 11:39 AM.
gottattooz is offline   Reply With Quote