View Single Post
Old 02-13-2021, 01:22 PM   #138
J Williams

Re: Grandpa’s 63 C10 build

Well last week I put the truck on a trailer and towed it down to the muffler shop. I still had a lot of the old exhaust still hanging that only had about 3k miles on them so he reused a lot of the existing pipes. This is just a temporary hookup until I place the bed on so he can hide the new pipes and put better mufflers on.

I moved the engine forward about 4'' so he had to bend new pipes to hook to the manifolds that he cussed me for. The ramhorns I have on the truck are for 4 wheel drive models so they dump straight down, makes for tight work. He actually gave me the correct ramhorn for my truck to put on before I bring it back for the final hookup.

put the truck back on the trailer and towed it home. I then put some fuel in the tank and attempted to make her run for the first time in a long time! Well it was a partial victory, as long as I had my buddy pouring gas straight into the carb it ran like a charm, felt good to hear it run again!

For some reason I couldn't get fuel from the tank to the carb. Tried pressuring the tank while running the engine but the fuel never made it. I didn't have much time to mess with it because I got called back out to work. I will hopefully have some time to play with it again this weekend.

Also went out yesterday and just tried to crank it and my battery was dead... so with my new wiring harness I have something that's obviously pulling a draw, need to figure that out.