View Single Post
Old 11-17-2013, 10:02 AM   #143
tidmack

Re: Lets see the survivor trucks! original paint only!

I understand completely. The first sample I received from SMS was off a bit too. After searching and coming up with dead ends, I ordered another sample several months later and it was MUCH better. I feel like SMS's is just a hair darker, but could that have anything to do with overall fade in our covers?

I had a chance to check out your thread, terrific restoration! I found the pages without the seat and then the ones with you cleaning it, but couldn't find the photos of the samples. Do you know what page they're on?

My understanding is SMS is buying this fabric and not overseeing the actual production of it, so variances occur with different lots of fabric. Maybe call for another sample?

From 3-5 feet away, the two fabrics look the same. It's only until you stick your nose up to it that any variance is noticeable to me. Hope this helps a bit.

Jeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by litew8 View Post
I recieved a sample from SMS and it doesn't have the gold flake the original had on the fabric pattern. Theirs seemed darker in color also. I have pics of both in my thread.

Last edited by tidmack; 11-17-2013 at 10:13 AM.
tidmack is offline   Reply With Quote