View Single Post
Old 11-05-2020, 02:49 AM   #60
SkidmoreGarage

Re: Skidmore '67 C20

We are going into the no-picture zone...

I removed my old windshield, it was cracked and good practice for the replacement when I put it back in. It ended up in the recycle bin last night. It was somewhat un-eventful, but I learned that the last person to put it in didn't treat the rust around the windshield. They also knew about the cab leaking, as they had squirted mystery butylene around the top of the frame and the drip rail "gaps", which, to no one's surprise, didn't do anything but hold the water in.

It is actually in pretty good shape, shouldn't need to patch anything. I brushed on some Ospho after a little wire wheel action. I did have a question though. Is there any guide/thoughts on what to do about my drip rail seams? The ones that extend from the drip rail to the window frame? They are very large and the factory seam seal was pretty much non-existent. I am going back and forth between short strand fiberglass reinforced filler, welding, or seam sealer.

Anyone have experience to share?

Also, does anyone have a sprayable chassis paint that you would recommend? I am not taking the cab off, so this will need to be redone. I bought some rustoleum in the gallon can, but I am having second thoughts. My local body shop supply place only carries one type of chassis paint. I'm sure it is good stuff, but it only comes in a gallon and requires reducer and catalyst. Total cost is $200, that is a bit steep for a patchwork repair.
SkidmoreGarage is offline   Reply With Quote