View Single Post
Old 11-10-2020, 04:35 PM   #66
SkidmoreGarage

Re: Skidmore '67 C20

Yeah, these are all questions I have as well. That is one of the reasons I bought one wheel from Jegs to try out. The other reason I bought from Jegs is the return policy and cost. It only costs about $16 to return a wheel. That's the best deal I could find, and they price match. If I had someone come out and measure, it's about $150 and then I still don't know if this particular wheel fits.

This size/requirements isn't really common, and I couldn't find conclusive info that it would or wouldn't fit. But the research I did find from a reputable source said the fronts should work and the rear is up to the WMS distance. 71/72 axle WMS may work depending on the tire, otherwise I'll need a spacer. I also found a thread where the targa truck guy mentioned that he was able to run very similar wheels with 275 35 18s. One drawback with matched front and rear is that the rears will sit in from the bedsides. I'll tackle that depending on how bad it is with a spacer.

I do have custom front suspension in the QA1 coilovers kit. It is much less bulky than the original A-arm setup. I also have disc brakes.
SkidmoreGarage is offline   Reply With Quote