View Single Post
Old 12-16-2021, 05:30 PM   #12
mr.mud1

Re: 1972 Cheyenne Super coming apart to go back together

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT7A View Post
You've made a lot of progress quickly. Of course you had a year of anticipation built up, or whatever the delay was. Sorry to hear that you had to go so far into the motor, but getting it back in top shape will make it more fun to drive and you will be able to have more confidence in it. I'm especially glad you found that oil pump collar. You may not want to let your wife see that picture of the greasy parts in the back of her vehicle. I wasn't aware that Hyundai offered two-tone paint on those. I like the maroon but I hadn't seen it with the white accents before...
i hear you.those accents are special Nova Scotia edition Hyundai Tucsons,the accents disappear in summer or right now while it's pouring rain.HA-HA. I went today to Maine to pick up a load of parts there and heard from the machine shop on the way home.that motor is in poor shape.the crank polished up fine,still going to able to use new .001 bearings.the heads are not too bad,i was worried about them but they honed the block hoping to keep it standard but there is too much wear and the marks in every cylinder from where the rings were stopped for 25 years,didn't come out,so looks like a new set of .020 over pistons and bore the block.i really didn't want to get in that far but what do you do?has to be fixed and i don't patch up anything,no sense starting now?i may not get the pieces back til after Christmas but that's ok,lots to do.take care.
mr.mud1 is offline   Reply With Quote