View Single Post
Old 05-02-2022, 08:44 PM   #177
richard2717
Equal opportunity joke ofender

Re: 71' Blazer Rust bucket build

Took yesterday off to work in the garden getting it ready for planting but jumped back on the Blazer this afternoon. Jacked the rear up and put on stands so I could get the rear brakes changed out. Bought everything new including E brake cables. Bought AC Delco hardware kit and what a disappointment it was. Made in China crap that is ...almost..... exact but not quite. the tubular sleeve that goes in the adjuster arm and is held in place with the long pin was just a hair undersized and did not fit snug in the hole. Made reassembly almost impossible by myself but I finally got it. Reminded me of shooting pool with a wet rope. Passenger rear is done including new wheel studs, Drivers rear is pulled apart, small pcs blasted primed & painted waiting to go back on in the morning. Should be able to get that as well as the fronts done tomorrow. Also installing new pinion seals on both axles. Once i change them I can get the driveshafts back in. They have all new joints and I bought all new hardware for them. Also mixed up some red primer to go under the olive on the cowl to match factory layout, although I don't have much hope of it matching too well as faded as everything is. If I don't like it I will end up cleaning up the entire firewall and painting the whole thing.
Attached Images

Dually Jams, OlBlue60, ScottH, Tommyboy24, Dujobo, Warbucket, 2003 Silverado, Notsolo, my90k5, 6t727t2, Special-K ,Jack_71C10, tabarcus,72blazer_mud_bogger,pwdcougar,RSavage,EricSean,1Rippen6,invicta455,tennaragtop71,arks, Kendal,Bennett68C10, Perpendicular, Chainsawman, McGeesCustomMinis,ShortbedClayton,longblue72,6768chevylover,Tim71,Travisarmenta,Ol' Drippy,fleetmitch,georgieb51,Dave,bcnya2,Dadsburb
https://paypal.me/6772GMtruckparts
Most women like the strong, silent type… Fortunately for me, my wife prefers the out-of-shape, mouthy type.
richard2717 is offline   Reply With Quote