View Single Post
Old 05-28-2022, 03:43 PM   #189
richard2717
Equal opportunity joke ofender

Re: 71' Blazer Rust bucket build

Still no progress with the rear pinion. The guy I have coming over, I just found out that his step daughter was killed in an auto accident so I imagine he will be a bit dealing with that. Not even going to bother him for a while. Even being a stepchild I can't even imagine.

With that in limbo I decided to get to work on the floor rust which has turned into doing all the rust since it is all tied together. No need to do it twice. I pulled the new pan out of the box to check it over and it looks pretty decent. Spent pretty much all day today getting the old floor pan out after I got the cowl area supported as best I could while still giving me access without having to climb inside. With the whole body just sitting on 4 jack stands on top of the table I did not want to be inside it shaking it all around.

Now I need to get the front lip cleaned up and do a little hammer dolly work where I sheared some of the spot welds. I was surprised that all the bolts holding the rear floor to the step up came off with no issues. Even the rusted out rocker box end plates and reinforcement plates unbolted. I did have to make a cut on the inside B pillar on both sides to gain access to the 2 top mounting bolts for the rocker reinforcement plates. Either way there is no hope of keeping the inside all in original paint since none of the floor will be original

Attached Images

Dually Jams, OlBlue60, ScottH, Tommyboy24, Dujobo, Warbucket, 2003 Silverado, Notsolo, my90k5, 6t727t2, Special-K ,Jack_71C10, tabarcus,72blazer_mud_bogger,pwdcougar,RSavage,EricSean,1Rippen6,invicta455,tennaragtop71,arks, Kendal,Bennett68C10, Perpendicular, Chainsawman, McGeesCustomMinis,ShortbedClayton,longblue72,6768chevylover,Tim71,Travisarmenta,Ol' Drippy,fleetmitch,georgieb51,Dave,bcnya2,Dadsburb
https://paypal.me/6772GMtruckparts
Most women like the strong, silent type… Fortunately for me, my wife prefers the out-of-shape, mouthy type.
richard2717 is offline   Reply With Quote