View Single Post
Old 12-19-2014, 06:52 PM   #1
hotrodelrod

Hotrodelrods 54 build

Last week or so I asked you all to help me ID my front clip. While up on the lift I started looking closely at the previous build (before I got the truck) and thought I could do better! By no means am I a pro. I've tinkered with muscle cars and hotrods but never any "heavy lifting" Spent several nights looking at some builds on here and man, there is a ton of talent on here! Some amazing trucks and guys willing to share and help. So without much planning i dove in! I have some parts I've collected and a pretty good idea of what I would like to do. I'm going to replace the tired 305 with a supercharged 406. I have everything but the heads and valvetrain. I also have a nice 700r4 for it. I have an Air ride suspension, compressor, and tank but need the control center and a rear suspension. The truck was on leafs. The rear is a 10 bolt and I'm not sure where to go with it. Sure, I would like a 9inch and even have a chunk with a new Detroit Locker and 411s I found on Craigs list, but its only a 28 spline and 411s will be too steep. Think I will build 10 bolt and hang it with a 4 link of some sort. Pics to follow
hotrodelrod is offline   Reply With Quote