View Single Post
Old 11-29-2021, 12:12 PM   #9
ToonMan

Re: Been gone awhile, but I'm back

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT7A View Post
The truck looks cool. Any story about how it came to be yours, like what prompted the purchase - that kind of thing? I'm always curious about what causes some of us to get another truck when we've already got a perfectly good one. Happened to me too... Possibly a couple times, haha.
Well I bought my 56 Cameo when I was 17 in 1982. I built it from basically a bunch of parts into a truck that was in the Portland roadster show in 1987. When my ex and I got married we drove it away from our wedding. Several years after that I pulled the motor out because I intended on putting in a big block and I dropped the cameo's motor into a 56 Chevy panel truck I had. Then my daughter was born. Priorities change. I had a 58 Cameo at that time I sold that and bought a K5 blazer. Then after I got rid of that I got a 78 short fleet side, then a 56 Chevy wagon. Then a YJ Jeep. Since then my ex and I've got divorced but I still have the turquoise 56 cameos. I had the money to do something I could either put the Cameo back together or I could get something else. My fiance is quite the hot rod girl and I really didn't like the idea that someday if we get married driving the Cameo away from a second wedding. I wanted a hot rod truck that could be hers and mine. I always like to 67-68 trucks so I told her that's what I was going to look for so we looked for honestly not very long when we found this little 67. You already had a lot of stuff done to it like an LS engine a 700R4 tranny 12 inch disc up front a hot rod style power brake booster, the whole interior,b It just had a lot of stuff already done. I'm 56 years old right now and I didn't really like the idea of starting from scratch so I took over somebody else's project and I'm going to run with it from there.

56 Chevy Cameo----Custom, [Turquoise]
67 Chevy C10 Short Fleetside (Black & White)
63 Trailorboat-------Teardrop Style Trailer
69 Honda CM90
ToonMan is offline   Reply With Quote