View Single Post
Old 04-02-2021, 12:16 PM   #10
will69camaro

Re: Newbie to C10 crew - A matched pair of 69s

Proceeded to drive the truck and do "truck things" with it for the last 2-3 years.

TX2K19

As it sits, I've put probably 8k miles on the truck in 3 years. some off time while it's in storage working on Camaro (tight garage fitment to work on one and keep the other as you see above).

I'm ready to take it another step and add some LS power and reliability!
LS Starter kit:

Picked up a LS2 (190k miles) from a good friends TBSS, and the same day found a take out 4L80e from another friends 68 Camaro and a NNBS truck intake. Busy Saturday for sure!

Luckily i came across some good deals on parts so have already collected a bit of the swap: Holley Swap kit, Mid Mount accessories, speed engineering headers, dakota digital gauges and modules (still on order). I have a AAW universal 22circuit kit I'll use, and some other misc parts.

Now I'm at a bit of a cross-roads. Engine needs to be bored, so stock pistons not going back in (was the original goal to save some cash). So I'm fighting an internal battle on whether to stroke it or not as i'm already doing some machine work above expected cleanup.

Contemplating a 408 build (.030 LS2, i know) and having the 243 CNC'd by local person in Houston. Cam selection will be focused on driver performance and occasional towing. By occasional, i mean 1-2 times a year to local track (100mi round trip). Trans will likely end up a Jakes Stage 2 with Circle D converter, and looking around 3000rpm.

I'm headed offshore soon, and plan to amass more parts and make some decisions on the engine so I can put it together this summer (May was the goal, but backordered parks makes it look more like June/July). I'll be doing a short video series when I put it together with some friends and try to turn it around in a couple weeks.