View Single Post
Old 03-05-2006, 11:57 PM   #19
MISTERSHOTGUN

Re: stereo speakers...where to put them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72freak
I have owned many of theses truck and I have allways had good sounding sound systems in them. I am proud to say I have never cut a door and I never will!!!! You can put all the equipment you need under the dash and under the seat/s. For an excellent sound....put Kicker type boxes an your amps under the seat/s and put some small tweets and mids in and arround the dash area. For a quick, cheap and easy good sounding system without cutting...just use the Kicker type truck boxes and amps under the seat/s and point the tweeters that are built into the box out towards the front of the truck.
YEAH.. someone else who has done that. I built a set of boxes to fit under a bench seat in a 68 chevy for a friend. Thought it was silly but did it for a favor. it was two tens and tweeters built into the boxes. he used some moderate mids inside the dash and it didn't take much works to get the boxes to fit under the seats. I had to take the seats out of the truck and build them inside the frame and then put the seats back in the truck after it was done.. to my surprise, it sounded great. I used to instal stereo equipment and make custom boxes and fiberglass work. but I tell you what. 72freak is right that it will sound great without cutting holes in your doors. but even after knowing this i put them in the doors of my own personal ride.. It all depends on you.
MISTERSHOTGUN is offline   Reply With Quote