View Single Post
Old 11-23-2018, 06:35 PM   #1
Average Joe

The 'Burban Chronicles.....

I was thinking back the other day and realized I have owned my '67 C10 Suburban almost 10 years. Time really flies. My youngest wasnt even 1 year old at that time and now she is almost 11. Wow! In that time I have neglected to start a build thread or even post much about it. I have gained a wealth of knowledge from here and have tried to help others where I could as well. Perhaps after 1100 posts and almost 10 years as a member here I now feel more compelled to share. Idk. I recently read a reply to a post here about motivation on projects. Member HO455 suggested that a build thread or some kind of thread journalizing projects and progress is a good motivational tool as well as a great reference as time goes by. I believe he is right.

For whatever reason I am now starting a build thread. Kind of. For starters my 'Burb is my daily driver. It has been for the last 9 1/2 years. I have a '69 Nova but its not real practical as a daily driver. So, because of that, my projects are really limited to weekend wrenching. This also means no frame offs or paint jail. My car budget is also extremely limited. Family, mortgage, retirement savings all take priority.

So I will apologize in advance for the lackluster pace and lack of bling. I enjoy subtle changes as well as low buck mods. This forum is truly a gold mine for that!! Anyhow, enough rambling. Here is the 'Burb in 2009 shortly after my wife surprised me with it.
Attached Images

An Average Joe and His 'Burb:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=775843
Average Joe is offline   Reply With Quote