View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 07:14 PM   #40
Mister-B
Account Suspended

Re: An open letter to parts Vendors

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBONE1964 View Post
This thread has got me really thinking about things. Just recently, I bought a used radio for my 72 Cheyenne. The cool thing was I paid $30.00 for it and got a good story about where it came from. It is very nice to bring something like that home and put some elbow grease into it and be proud of it. I am making it a point to buy as much "used" salvage yard original parts as I can for my 72 and my 64. I don't really like the aftermarket scene that much. Yes it is handy once in a while but it has no personality at all. Gramp's is cool and he is smart. When I buy a part from a salvage yard, it brings back many memories from my childhood going out with my dad on Saturday morning to get a used piece of trim or a fender or bumper and know that it is all GM American made with a lot of pride. I spend a lot of time in Oregon, where the 60 - 72 Chevy trucks are everywhere and still being used. It is like going back in time 30 yrs. I know it will never be like it was 30 yrs ago but I want to keep that feeling alive for as long as possible. I am 47 years old and I remember a better time on this planet. When I take the 72 or the 64 for a drive, it brings it all back to me. I sincerely hope that feeling is with me for the rest of my days on this planet.
Couldn't agree more. One problem though. This lawyer happy country goes down the crapper more and more each day. Most junk yards around me don't allow anyone under the age of about 16 in the yard. Even if accompanied by an adult! Total BS
Posted via Mobile Device
Mister-B is offline   Reply With Quote