View Single Post
Old 11-24-2008, 02:59 PM   #13
68shortstep
Looks good at 20-ft .....

Re: Short Bed VS Long Bed Fleet Value

Someone once said: "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder............. "

When it came time, I really-really wanted a short bed stepside, especially with a fender-mount spare, & I wasn't settling for anything less.

So, I maybe paid "too much" in some peoples' mind. Maybe it's even ugly. But not to me. To some, they wouldn't even want it at all, maybe, unless it was a real-steal price-wise.

I'm a licensed real estate appraiser, and though they don't directly relate to each other (the Value of Trucks Vs. Real Estate), there are some basic-basic-basics of the concept of "Value" which relate to ANYTHING.

Hopefully, this isn't a long-winded lecture, but, if you always ask yourself the W questions about anything, then that will help you define the value at any given point in time:

1. "Who it is." --- rich guy, poor guy, famous guy, as either the buyer or seller.

2. "What it is." --- what model of vehicle is it that the buyer most wants.

3. "When it is." --- good times or bad, or the day before (or after) payday.

4. "Where it is." --- worth more in North Vs South, East Vs West, etc.

5. "Why it is." --- are you forced to sell, really want to buy something NOW, etc.

6. "How it is." (how is really just who, misspelled)--- this is a condition-related question --- good, bad, ugly, bent, rusty, blown motor, fully restored, etc. The better, the more $$$$.

& the thing you really have to remember is that something's almost ALWAYS worth more to the seller than it is to the buyer. Until it's yours. Then it changes, & the value instantly goes up somehow.
Attached Images

68shortstep is offline   Reply With Quote