View Single Post
Old 02-12-2022, 06:30 PM   #1
LEEVON

"Carmine" '79 GMC K15

New project alert!

Carmine is a '79 GMC K15 Sierra Grande with the factory 400 / TH350 / NP203 / 3.42 rear axle. She's nothing really special, her appeal to me was the original drivetrain, air conditioning option and really straight (restored) body in factory RPO 71 Carmine Red. I brought the truck home with no information on it's history. The prior owner had it two years and didn't touch anything. But then I discovered a piece of paper in the glovebox that was a receipt for the sprayed bedliner with a phone number. I reached the second prior owner Greg and man did I get lucky to find his info! He was really happy to talk because had the truck for almost 20 years. He said most of the time it was used around the farm, and he completed a driver restoration in 2016.

I found out that the bed has been swapped which makes sense because it has two fuel doors but one tank (it's super straight though). It used to have painted bumpers, mirrors and steel wheels but other than that it's stock original. I could tell someone with experience had it because the truck is well put together (safe), and everything works like it should. The Q-jet starts the truck with literally a flick of the key, no gas pedal required...every time. Greg clearly knew what he was doing, I like that in a trucks past lol.

The original 400, Turbo 350 and NP203 are completely intact, the only modification being a part-time kit in the transfer case. She needs nothing but I'll be treating her to a little interior clean-up, a mechanical freshen-up and some custom touches.
Attached Images

Last edited by LEEVON; 02-12-2022 at 06:50 PM.
LEEVON is offline   Reply With Quote