View Single Post
Old 02-15-2022, 11:04 AM   #11
LEEVON

Re: "Carmine" '79 GMC K15

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKCR View Post
That looks very nice! CarmineRed is a little easier to find because USA1 Industries has the correct color. I do hate to hear your getting a urethane dash. Yours looks good, does it have cracks that I’m not seeing in the pics? The urethane dashes tend to warp. The dashes that are built over a metal frame, like to OEM would be a better choice. Or have your original recovered. I hear Corbin does just that. Someone just showed me their dash that was redone by them, and it was nice! I’ll see if I can find pictures of that dash.
Any help you need on your interior, just ask. I’ve done some CarmineRed belts in the past.
Oh wow that Corbin dash looks amazing. Someone recovered the dash in this truck, it's "ok" but not great. I know I'm taking a chance on the urethane, but I think that Dashes Direct might have re-vamped the product and it's supposedly be better than the old wavy/saggy ones. The USA1 units are indefinitely backordered : (

I'll be sending my belts in soon for a little love!