View Single Post
Old 08-19-2006, 07:04 PM   #6
Prerunner1982

Re: Lifted Prerunner '68 C10

Ok I wish I had found this post earlier. There are obviously not many lift kits for anything pre 88, the ones that are available are just lift coils and control arms.. which are ok, but limit your droop.. and a properly tuned suspension need both compression and droop to be effective. BUT the design of the front suspension does not lend itself well to just lift coils. To lift the front and still keep a decent amount of wheel travel (compression and droop) lift spindles would be a good choice, HOWEVER as far as I know, nobody currently makes any for pre 88 trucks... AIM did but havent heard anything good about them.. HOWEVER (again) I have seen a thread on using 88+ control arms and spindles on 67-72s... so you would most likely be able to do this and use the 88-98 lift spindles. On the back.. if you have coils you could go with spacers or longer coils.. and if you have leafs you could go with a shackle flip and net about 4" of lift. The front on these trucks is the main problem.. and you cant really get a good amount of lift and good suspension travel without custom fab... of course in prerunner/baja/trophy trucks you really dont want alot of lift, just alot of travel.. the lifted 2wds are really all for looks anyways.. here are a few pics I have maybe a bit of inspiration..

I have quite a few more, unfortunately this is the only 67-72 I have...
Attached Images

Oklahoma Roll Call

Last edited by Prerunner1982; 08-19-2006 at 07:09 PM.
Prerunner1982 is offline   Reply With Quote