View Single Post
Old 11-23-2008, 01:36 AM   #4
cap'n

Re: 72 c10 prerunner ideas...

wow, that blazer is amazing...

i guess i should have been more specific. i want a longtravel front suspension, somwhat cheap, that is usuable as my daily driver. i know im not gonna get nothing that is incredible, all im lookin for is great handling offroad, capable of small air time without serious damage, and 4-6" of lift to clear 33-35" tires. basically, somthin like the fabtech kit dino's 66 has, without the 4" lift spindles. the truck will be daily driven, but i want to be able to play with it without hurtin it. my fab skills are ok, but i have a friends whos fab skills are awesome. the only thing is im tryin to do this as cheap as possible, and with as little down time to the truck as i can. thats what brings me to believe custom control arms, built off the originals is the ticket. if i can get ahold of some other stock control arms we can build customs without the truck bein down. im thinkin if we take the measurements for camber/caster angles we can just build some thatll give bout 4" of drop in the balljoint/spring pad area, kinda mimic'in the fabtech arms, only 4" lift not 6", and 2" wider for more trac and travel. anybody have any input on this?? im very new to all the camber and caster and angles, built many strait axle 4x4s but compared to this thier a cakewalk...
cap'n is offline   Reply With Quote