View Single Post
Old 05-27-2015, 01:50 AM   #1
Matt Man

81 Chevy K10 ShortBed

Well looks like I am back in a square finally! I sold my lowered c30 back in 2011 and regretted it ever since. I am not usually a 4x4 guy, but I have always wanted a 4x4 square. My father found this truck for me, I saw the truck and passed on it becuase it was so cheap I thought there was something wrong with it. So I emailed the guy and he sent me more pictures, went and saw it and bought it, here is where the nightmare begins.

So when I bought the truck the previous owner told me the motor was "rebuilt" I did not believe this because it seemed like it was running on less than 8 cylinders and was backfiring through the carb... I drove it home in the pouring rain with hardly any brakes, no registration, windshield wipers barely working, and a motor that wouldn't stay running. Drove it home 40 miles parked it in my driveway thinking "Why did I buy this thing!?!". Granted for my area, what I paid for this truck was very good.

So I got the truck home and did a complete tuneup, still runs like crap and backfiring through the carb...great I need to smog this thing! So I took the valve covers off and next thing I know this "rebuilt" 350 has a flat cam on number 8 cylinder. So before I bought a cam I did a compression check and got 160+ on all cylinders but 3,5. Those cylinders were at 35 holy poo something is wrong here. Time for a crate motor...

Here is the first picture I took of it:

Crusty interior:

Nice job on the carpet install...

spec sheet:

Inside of bed:

Some rust:This is a picture of the passenger side cab corner. There is some rust around the windshield as well as the right side inner fender, and 2 small holes on the floor. Overall its in really good shape body wise, paint it decent for a DD.

Don't expect a frame off build here, just building a daily driver that will see hardly any offroading, just snow in the winter.
2020 Silverado Double Cab LT Z71 5.3 8 speed Daily Driver

K10 build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=671934

The Peach build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=733903

Last edited by Matt Man; 05-27-2015 at 02:05 AM.
Matt Man is offline   Reply With Quote