View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 01:34 PM   #2
towbar

Location: Marshall, NC....heart of the Appalachians.....aka, Gods country!!
Re: 1963c-10

First of all I don’t know you or 1963C-10, and maybe I'm playing the devils advocate here but sounds like he did the right thing with you by replacing the first tank. You made the time to inspect the first tank when you received it and were Johnny on the spot when calling out the rust in it, and since you had an issue with the first tank I would think you would be just as investigative with the second one however it was a couple months before you contacted him. Lots of things can happen in a couple months from stuff sitting around.

When I sell stuff on eBay, my policy it to inspect the item and contact me within 10 days if there is a problem....after that, it’s yours. Some people even get buyers remorse and want a refund.

I had a brand new ATV gas can that I purchased from an online dealer, it sat for about 4 months before we went on our big ride, it had a mfg defect in it and seeped gas but was out past the 90 day warranty...so tuff stuff, I had to eat it!!! Was it their fault I didn’t check it out and return it in the 90 days....nope, it was my fault, for procrastinating.

Did you return the first rusty gas tank to 1963C-10? Did you return the second tank??

Typically folk’s don’t warranty used parts forever, I mean these parts are approaching 50 years old. Most salvage yards only give you 30-45 days to return anything.

If you and 1963C-10 agreed on a refund for the price of the tank and half the shipping then he should have followed through. At the same time, and I mean no offense here, but I feel you are equally to blame as well for not inspecting the part and getting in touch with him soon. Just my take on it??
towbar is offline   Reply With Quote