Thread: '57 2Dr Sedan
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2019, 08:48 AM   #30
Ironhorse

Re: '57 2Dr Sedan

Well it's been awhile since I up dated this but at last the 57 is at the paint shop!! Adding a few more pics of the up dated process and a bit of the goings on. My body guy finished all the body repair and the sand / block is finished. Made the gap adjustments for the doors, hood and trunk. Really glad to see it to this point, been a long process. Has been in the body repair jail cell for just a bit over a year. Took it in Oct. 4, 2018.

Have the stainless trim being worked to remove any dings and dents, then polish. That's a tough nut to crack, finding someone who can repair stainless trim. Not an easy process to do, time consuming and tedious. Had to find a replacement for driver side lower rear quarter panel trim. Just too rough to work and finish to a level that will match new paint. This came up just as I was getting ready to head to a out of state swap meet for a couple days. A bit of luck stroke there, very first vendor I stopped at had several examples of the 57 trim I needed. This was about 7:30 in the morning. Made my selection of the 5 pieces he had, very reasonable I thought at $25 each. Later that afternoon went by his booth again and all the trim was gone!

When block and sand was done and body guy was satisfied car was ready for paint he loaded it in his covered trailer and called paint shop for a bring it in date. That was put off for almost a week because the spray booth heater took a dump and they had to get that replaced. Car sat in the trailer for almost week and a half. Body guy reluctant to unload then reload with just a slim chance of possibly getting a new "ding" to address. Finally Friday last week he got a call to bring the 57 in Monday this week which we did about 11:00 that morning. It's there and due for paint next week after they a light sand, new prime, mask and ready to go! Paint color selected which is a process for sure, so many options. 2018 Chevrolet Silverado truck color, Shadow Gray Metallic, a medium to darker gray solid one color two stage base and clear. Interior will be a two tone cloth, medium gray with dark gray seat panel accents.

Sorry for the long post but have not posted on the progress for awhile. A few more pics of the journey. Hope you like them.
Attached Images

Original Truck AM/FM
Wellington, Ks
Ironhorse is offline   Reply With Quote