Thread: Truck Weight
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2020, 11:58 AM   #47
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

Re: Truck Weight

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71CHEVYSHORTBED402 View Post
Guess we have more than trucks in common, what's not to like about rocks less digging. I haven't built with them a few years, but a rock wall is on the horizon come spring. On the cheap for someone. Not so much looking forward to it, but this one will be easy (cough!) At least they'll all be delivered this time around and it's a small lot.

I thought my first rock wall was a (*&*^, about 300' long 18" deep, but not too tall. 10-11 months as a much younger man. Then I took on the truck, 6-7 years
The rocks are for the parkway. We got gravel and flagstone months ago. Finally set the flagstone level with the sidewalk and the curb yesterday. The river rocks are going between the flagstone sections to keep the bimbo down the street from walking her dog and herself through the gravel and scattering it onto the sidewalk and the street. One of my neighbors down the street has bark and gravel in his front yard (we are both set up with drought-tolerant plants) and his gravel and bark get scattered all over, too. We leveled it all out yesterday, and when I went out to walk the dog this morning, the gravel was kicked all around, already. If this gets disturbed after the river rock is all in, I'm going to cement it. But I'm hoping that it's too uncomfortable to walk over the lumps that she'll keep off of it. I'd say something to her, but people who act like that already have a chip on their shoulder, and it would just escalate.

'70 Chevy 3/4T Longhorn CST 402/400/3.56 Custom Camper

Simi Valley, CA
Steeveedee is offline   Reply With Quote