View Single Post
Old 06-07-2010, 10:20 PM   #11
Todd68Chevy

Re: Ok Guys I Need Some Electrical Help On 67 Chevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66c10lwb View Post
" had a pigtail wire from Negative post to chassis to clean up connection on. Cleaning the wire Neg. post to chassis connection helped get the best connection and it brighten the bulbs up in my situation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by seatacwhat View Post
getting ready to go do some work on the truck and was curious if you knew what 66c10lwb was talking about when he was talking about running a piggy back from ground to chassis? and is it to make headlights brighter or tail lights or both?? i know both could use being brighter on my truck.
He said pigtail wire which is a smaller wire than the battery cable that ran from the battery neg. post to the chassis. This would work also but normally stock set up goes from the engine to body and chassis. Any time the ground is poor you are not getting full voltage and any light will be dim. If this is your problem all the lights should be brighter when you fix the problem. You can use a pair of jumper cables or some other heavy wire with clamps. Connect the wires between the NEG. terminal and a body and chassis grounding area and see it the lights work properly. This will give you an idea if your on the right track. If it works and you can not find the ground problem do like
'68OrangeSunshine said and just make your own ground cable to the body and chassis. Let us know.

I currently own: 1940 Chevy Fire truck (project), 1946 Chevy truck (project), 1946 Chevy 1 Ton pick up, 1953 Chevy school bus (storage area), 1968 Chevy C10 (I have drove for 26 years), 1994 Chevy C2500 (daily driver), 2005 GMC crew cab K2500 (parts hauler) and more trucks for parts.
Todd68Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote