View Single Post
Old 02-11-2021, 12:02 AM   #24
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

Re: How you figure to remove this here plug?

Well, I nearly tried the wax trick, but became immediately impatient with the area, so WD40 instead. Yeah cut out some paint where could reach it. I may return to wax, I thought later I could have used a spoon to deliver it.

And yes of course it's STUCK, though I haven't let the oil sit long. Gave it the best leverage I had to keep from slipping, and that was enough to feel like I'd bust something 3/8" I have a nice 3/8" fitting (no ball), which is apparently good quality, so far. When I give her a go again I'll employ my 3/8" to 1/2" adapter, see how it goes.

After reading more of the above, time to get that impact...Long overdue anyway. Milwaukee FUEL Stubby 3/8 in. looks interesting, I imagine you can set the torque somehow.

Say Taskforce, come drill out this plug man, NM isn't too far away
71 Custom Deluxe, SWB, 2WD, 402, A/C. I developed an assm. guide "kit" for restoring it from ground up. With assys, the guide accts for 1000s details such as OEM identifications& part numbers, written in short order. 700+ images include assm, illust., charts, and points of interest. Much of the info. applies to all 67-72 GM trucks, and to a lessor degree all 67-72 GM vehicles. My build thread, and more on the guide https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=730025

Last edited by 71CHEVYSHORTBED402; 02-11-2021 at 12:42 AM.
71CHEVYSHORTBED402 is offline   Reply With Quote