View Single Post
Old 03-24-2020, 09:23 PM   #771
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

Re: D52 Caliper Rear Disc Brake Brackets

The allen socket bolts included with the kit are for attaching the cable brackets to the calipers. They are 5/16"-18 x 3/4" bolts. That is why I previously said that you need to drill and tap 5/16"-18 holes to mount the cable brackets. The tap drill size is a F drill. If you do not have one of those a 1/4" drill is .007" smaller. Yes the hole should go all the way thru the outside of the caliper. There is nothing exact about where the cable brackets can be attached. Look at the pics on page 15 and you will see where they need to be placed with the large hole centered over the slide bolt. The pin is sup[posed to be up against the side of the caliper to keet the bracket from rotating. They do not have to be exact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyHauler View Post
Hey is there any way you can tell me what size hole, what size bolt goes into the hole and if the hole is supposed to go all the way through the caliper?

Maybe how long the bolt should be also? That would be great and I would appreciate the info and help. Thanks.
Hydroboost Mounting Plates HERE
Captainfab is offline   Reply With Quote