View Single Post
Old 02-24-2021, 10:36 AM   #55
ChevyRacefan

Re: Thoughts on keeping truck original or not

I find it funny, that so many say return it to stock.
If G.M. built a truck like a 67-72 truck as far as mpg, safety, ride, and features or lack there of, road noise, wind noise, build qualty.
You would never buy it.
It sounds great, return it to stock, till you are driving that granny low 3 speed manual with 411 gearing, upper body work out manual stearing, and leg day clutch and manual brake. Oh and those all drum brakes , standing on the pedal. Crappy stereo, questionable heat and maybe a/c. a seat with no support.
Maybe fun to drive once or twice, but to drive it allot, nope. To goto a show and look at. but If you are into driving your truck. Not so much. There is a reason they don't build stripper trucks and have not in decades, no one would buy them. Fleets did, but you don't go looking for enjoyment when driving a work vehicle. But retail sales they never moved off the lots. But many want the same basic thing in there old/classic vehicle.
I think, and this is my opinion, you don't have to agree, but ,I think the reason so many just finished rebuilt or "restored" vehicles end up , up for sale is, it sounds great, till it is done and you start using it, and well, it is a chore to drive and sucks the enjoyment out of it.
So it goes up for sale. Again my opinion.
If you would not buy a new truck that rode and drove like a stage coach , don't build one. You won't like it.
ChevyRacefan is offline   Reply With Quote