View Single Post
Old 01-18-2017, 07:02 PM   #6
AcampoDave

Re: I need "the list" for my 65 c10

Sure stock stuff can work well. My '64 longbed is mostly all original. I did however upgrade the master cylinder to a dual resivoir and lowered it a bit with new springs, lowering shocks and relocators. Otherwise, I simply restored everything to a "like new" or "very good" condition. It's a pleasure to drive and I often take it out for day trips. It's just like being transported back to the sixties and being behind the wheel of a new truck. Of course one needs to bear in mind that traffic was lighter back then and cars were limited by the technology of the time. I simply cruise around 55 at speed and I always allow a bit of distance between me and other motorists. The original equipment works together well. Trouble begins when folks increase the power and weight of a classic vehicle while ignoring the brakes (and/or worse) chopping up the springs without correcting the geometry. Lowering and modifying suspension is fine, but there is definitely a right and a wrong way to do it..., and big motors and trannys need stronger stuff to accompany them. Edit: a few other changes I made were installing a 3.08 rear axle, an h.e.i and as TJ said, a front swaybar

Last edited by AcampoDave; 01-18-2017 at 07:30 PM.
AcampoDave is offline   Reply With Quote