View Single Post
Old 12-31-2008, 02:37 AM   #524
Rack Man

Re: 68 K-10 SWB build thread - project Money Pit...pics galore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by msgross View Post
Nope, no cracked boards. A few have some small spots or raised grain or stain but nothing big.

I could sell the wood for $400 but an oak set is gonna cost me $330 plus finishing.... or $200 for pine plus finishing so i'm not that far ahead.

I'm thinking the black with SS strips... and leave the NOS stickers that are on bottom... some are on top though...

As far as the pulley I don't know. It states that it had the 42 amp alternator so I assume that the double stuff was stock. But who knows.... The quad crank will just clear a fan though...

BTW I have a fan with clutch if you are looking for one.
I don't know if that the double groove pulley was stock...I've never seen one before on any of the stock trucks....I did a quick google search and they say they are used to ensure added retention at high RPMs

If you decide to go down to a single groove, then you could just use a double groove on the waterpump and a triple on the crank.....I have a single crank pulley that would probably work with that double crank pulley you just got....Let me know.....

Is that fan you have a 6 or 7 blade?....I found a six blade in a pile of old Camaro parts I have in the attic....but it has a cracked blade..I was thinking of welding it up but I was worried that it was wind up being out of balance...If yours is good....I'll take it...let me know what you need for it...

Dan

Last edited by Rack Man; 12-31-2008 at 02:42 AM.
Rack Man is offline   Reply With Quote