View Single Post
Old 05-19-2021, 05:34 PM   #1422
Already Gone
70+ ( Old Skool Club )

Re: Do you have a 1972 Plaid Pickup?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrlyrdr97 View Post
I guess you could say that I just found a SWB Highlander. It was hiding out in my garage. �� I have owned this truck for about 1 1/2 years. I have done a ton of work including paint, wooden bed and suspension. The only thing that I haven’t done is the interior. The reason that it is not done is my wife. She remarked that she really liked the interior when she saw the truck for the first time. I was just the opposite and couldn’t wait to get it changed out. I bought full replacement TMI interior for the truck. As I worked on the truck, the interior started to grow on me. I decided that I would redo the Highlander seat. The TMI interior is still in the boxes it was delivered in! The truck won in the first show that I put it in with the original interior, despite the worn spot on the driver’s side. I also found out from several C10 enthusiast that the Highlander interior was quite rare in the SWB C10. I have included pics of the truck and SPID for confirmation. I am actively looking for someone who carries the Highlander material. I actually found a cover at the C10 Nationals this past weekend, but it was $1300. Hopefully, there is someone on here that knows where they can be found a little cheaper. Thanks for the add to your page. I just saw this post today while checking out headliners.

Here is my Highlander with the green plaid I got from SMS. I just kept the original vinyl from the buckets and had the plaid material sewn in. If someone can flip the pic go for it .
Attached Images

Members I have personally met: MusicMan70 - HeavyD - ChewyChevy67 - StingRay -71SWB4x4 - 67 Burb - DeadheadNM - too much stuff - bc65 - das601

" Circumsatances Do Not Change Responsibility "

" The Sky is not the Limit, Your Mind is." Marilyn Monroe ..

RIP Charlie Watts 1941 - 2021
Already Gone is offline   Reply With Quote